Friday, June 7, 2013

Progress Report

I am continuing to write some content and mess with images and image ideas.

It looks like I will optimize for 1024x700 resolution as the best match between tablet and screen resolution, and that I may need to use a flexible layout. So, that is one decision down.

I have been working on my drawing skills. I also discovered that there is a plugin for Carrerra that will let the program render to vector format. That resolved my decision about an upgrade path for 3d and, actually, has me reconsidering using 3d art and rendering as one of my solutions. So, I reinstalled Daz studio and am in the process of reminding myself how the system works. Next up, playing with shaders, lights, and textures to see if I can get the sort of clean line-art-like render look that I want.

I have a few more concept images drawn, and have also typed up the first-pass text for the initial demo. I want to put that text together in TWINE, and a couple of other engines just to see what it will look like.

Next post will be on games that influenced me. It would have been this report, but I misplaced the list and need to move to the next task.

No comments:

Post a Comment